Thursday, 9 July 2020:
- DCMS Secretary, Oliver Dowden, announced that outdoor pools and performances can resume from Saturday with social distancing in place.
- Dowden stated that beauticians, nail salons, and tattooists will also be able to open on Monday.
- Dowden added that indoor gyms, sports facilities, and pools will be able to reopen from 25 July and that guidance will be published for team sports to return from Saturday.
- Dowden explained that scientific studies were being conducted to assess the specific risks in the culture industry.
- In the UK, 287,621 people (642 new cases) tested positive for coronavirus, across all settings, 44,602 people have died, an increase of 85 fatalities.