WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A CONSULTANT…
Salary details: £35,000 - £47,000 (depending on experience)
Atticus Partners, an award-winning full-service agency working across a range of international public affairs and corporate communications clients, is looking for a motivated, intelligent consultant with financial services experience across public affairs and media to join our award-winning team.
Atticus is rapidly growing and changing every day – and we believe our employees are at the heart of this success. The successful applicant will be part of an impressive team of talents, chosen to help Atticus Partners approach problems in innovative and creative ways. We strive to be as inclusive as possible, so we actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities, minority groups and those with disabilities.
Atticus is looking to foster a company culture where every voice is welcome, heard, and respected and the chosen applicant will play a critical role in contributing to this culture. The majority of the team are based in our London office, with our flexible working policy meaning some commute in a few days a week from the home counties and beyond. We also have an office in Dublin, and will be shortly opening on the Continent.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to to Stuart Pilcher at HR@atticuscomms.com by 21st January 2023. Any role-related questions can also be sent to this address.
· Able to lead and deliver effective campaigns and strategies for clients
· Assertive, calm and confident when pitching and providing advice
· Demonstrable skills in public affairs/advocacy alongside experience in media relations/strategic communications
· Must have experience working for financial services clients either agency-side or in-house
· At least four years in a public affairs and communications role, ideally in an agency environment
· Strong track record of delivering results for clients
· Excellent knowledge of Government procedure, Parliament and politicians and potentially local government/devolved administration understanding
· Track record of new business attainment including seeking opportunities, drafting proposals and presentations and playing a key role in pitches
· Provide intelligent strategic counsel across public affairs, media relations and communications to clients
· Deliver integrated strategic political campaigns as part of a wider team
· Day-to-day lead for client accounts and usually first port of call for clients
· Drafting of policy documents, Select Committee responses, letters to political stakeholders, press releases, op-eds
· Using individual experience, contacts and knowledge to help expand the business
· Support the wider team, sharing experience and developing junior colleagues
· Accountability: takes responsibility for quality of own work and can work on own to achieve goals, interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence and builds trust
· Organisation: manages own time, priorities and resources to achieve goals and meet deadlines, can effectively handle several problems or tasks at once and remains calm
· Communication: communicates clearly and confidently in written work and when presenting; conveys information and ideas in a variety of ways to engage audiences
· Initiative: takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required, is proactive, accurately assesses problems and creates solutions, shows enthusiasm for learning
· Client and results focused: knows what results are important, and focuses resources to achieve them, strives to put clients first in every interaction
· Team work: supports colleagues and actively contributes in meetings, listens, understands and learns from what others have to say, encourages diverse perspectives.
· Pension: Atticus Partners abides by statutory obligations and accordingly will contribute to mandated amount per year, to the NEST pension scheme.
· Holidays: 25 days per annum, in addition to UK standard National and Bank holidays and 3 days off between Christmas and New Year.
· Development: The employee will be eligible for an annual contribution of £600 towards a personal development activity of their choice.
· Parental leave: Enhanced parental leave policy for new parents.
· Bonus: A discretionary bonus may be awarded to the employee linked to annual review and performance.