WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A JUNIOR CONSULTANT…
Job Title: Junior Consultant
Working For: Atticus Partners
Salary: £28,000-£34,000 + discretionary bonus
Length of Contract: Permanent
Atticus Partners, an award-winning full-service agency working across a range of international public affairs and corporate communications clients, is looking for a motivated, intelligent Junior Consultant with media expertise and a passion for public affairs to join our award-winning team.
Atticus is rapidly growing and changing every day – and we believe our employees are at the heart of this success. The successful applicant will be part of an impressive team of talents, chosen to help Atticus Partners approach problems in innovative and creative ways. We strive to be as inclusive as possible, so we actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities, minority groups and those with disabilities.
Atticus is looking to foster a company culture where every voice is welcome, heard, and respected and the chosen applicant will play a critical role in contributing to this culture. The majority of the team are based in our central London office and we offer a flexible working policy. We also have an office in Dublin.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by 24th November 2023. Any role-related questions can also be sent to this address.
· Able to support the delivery of effective campaigns and strategies for clients
· Demonstrable skills predominantly in public affairs/advocacy but also experience in media relations/campaigns
· Preferably two years in an agency communications role
· Excellent knowledge of Government procedure, Parliament and politicians and potentially local government/devolved administration understanding
· Track record of new business attainment including researching opportunities, drafting proposals and presentations and ideally contributing to pitches.
· Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
· Undertaking Political & Stakeholder desktop research, providing thorough and complete analysis and recommendations for projects with support from senior colleagues
· Producing policy briefings for clients
· Liaising with the offices of MPs, Ministers and civil servants, and drafting letters if required
· Monitoring major news & political announcements
· Drafting press releases or a set of press releases for clients
· ‘Selling in’ press releases to journalists
· Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches
· Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients
· Accountability: takes responsibility for quality of own work and can work on own to achieve goals, interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence and builds trust
· Organisation: manages own time, priorities and resources to achieve goals and meet deadlines, can effectively handle several problems or tasks at once and remains calm
· Communication: communicates clearly and confidently in written work and when presenting; conveys information and ideas in a variety of ways to engage audiences
· Client and results focused: knows what results are important, and focuses resources to achieve them, strives to put clients first in every interaction
· Team work: supports colleagues and actively contributes in meetings, listens, understands and learns from what others have to say, encourages diverse perspectives.
Closing Date: 24th November 2023
Interview/Start Dates: ASAP - we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org