WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A JUNIOR CONSULTANT…
Role: Following some new business growth, Atlas Partners is looking for a motivated, intelligent, creative individual to join our close knit, award-winning team. We are looking for someone who has good experience in both public affairs and corporate public relations. We were named PRCA Public Affairs Board Consultancy of the Year in December 2019 and ranked inside the top 200 agencies in PR Week’s table for the last two years. You can read more about our approach to happiness, mental wellbeing and parental pay on our website.
To apply: please send a tailored covering letter and your CV to Charles.Napier@atlas- partners.co.uk
- Able to support the delivery of effective campaigns and strategies for clients
- Assertive, calm and confident when pitching and providing advice
- Demonstrable skills predominantly in public affairs/advocacy but also experience in media relations/campaigns
- Preferably two years in an agency communications role
- Strong track record of delivering results for clients
- Strong research skills
- Excellent knowledge of Government procedure, Parliament and politicians and potentially local government/devolved administration understanding
- Track record of new business attainment including researching opportunities, drafting proposals and presentations and ideally contributing to pitches.
- Support the delivery of integrated strategic political and media campaigns as part of a wider team
- Provide intelligent strategic counsel to clients
- Using individual experience, contacts and knowledge to help expand the business
- Support the wider team, sharing experience and developing junior colleagues
- Promote the Atlas values of being curious, being brave and championing diversity
- Accountability: takes responsibility for quality of own work and can work on own to achieve goals, interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence and builds trust
- Organisation: manages own time, priorities and resources to achieve goals and meet deadlines, can effectively handle several problems or tasks at once and remains calm
- Communication: communicates clearly and confidently in written work and when presenting; conveys information and ideas in a variety of ways to engage audiences
- Initiative: takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required, is proactive, accurately assesses problems and creates at solutions, shows enthusiasm for learning
- Client and results focused: knows what results are important, and focuses resources to achieve them, strives to put clients first in every interaction
- Team work: supports colleagues and actively contributes in meetings, listens, understands and learns from what others have to say, encourages diverse perspectives.
- 3% employer pension contributions
- 25 days holiday plus 3 days Christmas leave and half a day Birthday leave
- Individual training budget
- Smile More: Save More employee welfare grants of £600pa
- Flexible working policy
- Mental Health first aid, unconscious bias and mindfulness training
Salary details: £28,000 + discretionary bonus
FLEXIBILITY AND PARENTAL PAY :
We offer one of the most flexible agency working environments out there. Whether they are early birds who go to yoga class and then smash their news updates before 8.30am, or they simply hate travelling on the tube in rush hour, we trust and respect our team’s skills and conscientiousness. As long as core responsibilities are covered, our team is free to work flexibly.
Health underpins productivity at work, so we encourage requests for more flexibility or extra time on an ad hoc basis - for Doctors or Dentists appointments, mental health, to wait in for deliveries/plumbers, or make travel plans easier. We love the fact that our office environment is sociable and often debating the latest news, but we are always keen for our team to work from home (or a café) to get heads down without those distractions. When it comes to contractual flexibility (i.e. going formally part time, compressed hours or job share) to fit in further education, caring or volunteering for example, we’re really happy to discuss options.
We think mums and dads are great. We also think that having small children shouldn’t be something that limits your career opportunities. Our (industry leading) equal parental pay policy, whether you are having your own baby or adopting, is as follows:
- We provide three months full pay and three months half pay to new parents who have worked for us for more than a year.
- We encourage staff to consider shared parental leave, how long they want to take off and options for staggering their return.